Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Advance Birthday Gift

Everyone take a look, I got something!




Yes, I got a ukulele.

After giving up on my guitar that has yet to be fixed, and giving in to the constant demands of people, I've decided to join the hipster circle.

Guess what? I got that second hand tropical fruit themed Mahalo ukulele online for only $20, from the original $50 price, and it comes with a gig bag, a pick and a tuner. It was definitely a good deal since Mahalo is a decent ukulele brand and the instrument itself doesn't look like a pass-on item at all - works and looks perfect - aside from a few scratches.

As someone who knows how to play the guitar, studying how to play the ukulele is no big deal. The only trouble would be memorizing the chords, but the rest is just as similar. I honestly think playing the ukulele is easier, since you only have to maneuver your fingers over four strings and smaller frets, so I would highly suggest this to friends who'd like to try an instrument. Nonetheless, first timer or not, a ukulele is a good stepping stone to the string family.

PS: My birthday would be in a few weeks! How about some gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment